Sunday, September 2, 2012

In Barcelona

my beautiful wife at breakfast with me.
Well, we made it across 'the pond' and let me tell you something...it was my most pleasant trans-atlantic flight, yet!  You see, the upside of having had two brain surgeries this spring?  Pain relievers.  There is no reason to fly uncomfortably if you can help it and, this time, I could.  A couple of Somas was probably the most helpful part of my trip :-)

Heathrow Airport in London


The only snag we had, was right away in St. Louis at the airport.  Carrie and I were in the last group of passengers to board and they ran out of room for over-head carry-ons...so one of our bags had to be checked plane-side.  Except, it never showed back up.  Luckily there wasn't much in it, but the biggest loss are my tennis shoes.  so sad.  The good news is that they have found the bag and it's on-route to Barcelona...but we're leaving Barcelona, so we hope it 'catches up' soon!

La Boqueria, a market in Barcelona
The plaza near La Boqueria


Our first day of the trip, once we made it to Barcelona, was very nice.  We went to La Boqueria which is a famous market and we enjoyed appetizers and drinks in a lovely plaza nearby.  The crowds were too much for me (ever-since my surgeries I can't handle that sort of noise and crowds).



our hotel lobby

After a restful night our bags are in the hall with their tags and we are down in the restaurant.  We're on our way!

No comments:

Post a Comment